When I looked outside my bedroom window,
this is what I saw...

Actually, he's a neighbor...

whom we pay ($0.30) to shimmy (like an inchworm)
up the coconut tree
and harvest coconuts.
up the coconut tree
and harvest coconuts.

Now... I gotta tell ya.
Coconut trees are rough and I wouldn't shimmy up a coconut tree
wearing shorts
for thirty cents
for three reasons.
#1. I would probably die.
#2. Even if I didn't die, it would really hurt.
#3. I try, if at all possible, to avoid pain at all times.
Notice his handydandy climbing system.
I think that this is very cool.

When he gets to the top, he checks the coconuts
to see if they are ready.
There is definitely an art to coconut plucking.
It is not really called "coconut plucking" in real life...
(just didn't want you to be misinformed
about the facts of life over here).

Notice that he is sitting on his trusty rope chair.
I think that it is cool, too.
It is the fourth reason why I wouldn't shimmy up a tree
wearing shorts
for thirty cents.
I think that it is cool, too.
It is the fourth reason why I wouldn't shimmy up a tree
wearing shorts
for thirty cents.

After he checks them, he uses a machete to hack them off the tree
and then throws them down
and then throws them down

which is why we stay inside and take pictures.