16 years ago, I became a Mother.
It was in a single moment that we went from being a couple to being a family, from being self centered to being other centered... My pregnancy was planned and we would have told you that we were "prepared". Nothing, however, prepared me for the emotions I felt when I held her in my arms and realized that God had trusted me with His most extraordinary earthly gift.
Now, 16 years later, I will tell you that there has never, ever been any other thing which has (on such a regular basis) both taken my breath away and brought me to this place of gratitude and joy. Regularly, I tell her that I can't believe that she's "mine" and that I am so proud to be her Mom.
It was in a single moment that we went from being a couple to being a family, from being self centered to being other centered... My pregnancy was planned and we would have told you that we were "prepared". Nothing, however, prepared me for the emotions I felt when I held her in my arms and realized that God had trusted me with His most extraordinary earthly gift.
Now, 16 years later, I will tell you that there has never, ever been any other thing which has (on such a regular basis) both taken my breath away and brought me to this place of gratitude and joy. Regularly, I tell her that I can't believe that she's "mine" and that I am so proud to be her Mom.

Now, as I watch her shine, I continue to be in awe of "the gift".
Beautiful on both the inside and out, she is radiant...
I am so grateful that I have had the gift
of pretending that she's
"mine".
"... And they shall be radiant over the bounty of the Lord..."
Jeremiah 31:12
Beautiful on both the inside and out, she is radiant...
I am so grateful that I have had the gift
of pretending that she's
"mine".
"... And they shall be radiant over the bounty of the Lord..."
Jeremiah 31:12